Tucson, Ariz. – The Arizona Winter Circuit (AWC) is set to return to the Pima County Fairgrounds in its third season under the management of Apex Equestrian, and the prize list is now available at arizonawintercircuit.com. Entries are now open and can be submitted online via ShowGrounds Live.
AWC will feature four weeks of Level 3 jumpers and National-rated hunters, awarding national points towards year-end qualifications and awards, as well as an individualized showing experience focused on the exhibitor experience.
The hunter/jumper circuit spans four consecutive weeks in February and March 2023. The individual ‘A’ show dates are as follows:
- February 8-12, 2023: Kachina Classic
- February 15-19, 2023: Tucson Winter Classic
- February 22-26, 2023: Sahuaro Classic
- March 1-5, 2023: Arizona Winter Festival
The Pima County Fairgrounds have undergone significant improvements to elevate the competitor experience. Improvements include enhanced footing in show rings, new drag equipment, leveled and compacted stalls, and a remodeled horse show office.
With a scoreboard providing live scoring in the Grand Prix ring, as well as a new live stream of our feature classes, including USHJA National Hunter Derbies and Grand Prixs, AWC aims to foster the ‘A’-rated experience in Tucson for years to come.
Highlights of the Arizona Winter Circuit 2023 include:
- ‘A’-rated/National Hunter points and prize money
- Weekly $3,500 USHJA National Hunter Derby
- Weekly $15,000 Grand Prix
- Quality jumps and highly-respected judges
- Fun, family-oriented, low-key atmosphere
- Social events for exhibitors every week